Friday, January 8, 2010

Kinky Twists-BIG!

Kinky Twists are a popular hair style, with the use of extensions, in the African American community. The great thing about this style is that if maintained, it can last up to 2 months.  This is great news for parents  who don't want to do their child's hair everday.  It does not strain the hair and it serves as a protective style.  Best of all, it's easy to maintain! 

BUT, little girls do not like to sit for the 3-5 hours it can take.  So, for my nieces, I used bigger, boxed, kinky twists (again, using the Marly Braid hair posted earlier).

Later, I'll post a how-to-video (later meaning when I do them next!).  Take a look.

This is the beginning, on my head, done by myself.  Again, normally, the boxes are not boxed (random hair is just picked up so that it looks more natural.  The parts are WAY closer together, but I can't sit that long either and my arms get tired!). 

Now, all the twisting is done and I've boiled my water and I am beginning to dip them in the water.
 It really isn't scary, I'm just pretending!

 The Final Product!

Overall, I am pleased for it being my first time.



Now for the Girls!!




More Please!
Sometimes styles are trial and error on her because she has such an older face they make her look younger and throw the style off.  So, we're always experimenting to find the right, age-appropriate styles for her.  We're still learning.


Naturally, Beautiful (more on the outside than the inside sometimes)!


My little brother took this last picture.  Cool, huh?!  He talks about wanting to be a photographer someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment